Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Blog #9

Field Day
 
 My earliest memory of playing was when I was five, I was in kindergarten and it was my very first field day. We spent the entire school day outside playing different games, there were water balloon tosses, silly string fights, softball tosses, races, long jumps, tug of war, and my favorite was the rainbow parachute. All of the kids would grab a handle, lift it up and quickly bring it down all at once so it would be a huge bubble that we could all sit under. I can remember playing that game so vividly, as if it was just yesterday. My grade school has changed so much since I graduated. The field that we played the games in is now covered with a parking lot, a new school building, and a retention pond. Now the children play in the field behind the school building, and in the soccer field. Some of their classes have been canceled like art and music but they are working very hard to get them back.
Image from: jennifersuarez.com

No comments:

Post a Comment