Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blog #11

Free Writing
Christmas is coming upon us very fast so I am starting to think about what to make. I normally bake a lot of different types of cookies to give to family members. This year I'm going to not only bake cookies but some other pastries. First make the bowl the cookies are going to go in. Last year I just went out and bought Tupperware, it wasn't very creative so I thought i could try and make my own. I start off by preheating the oven too 350 degrees and heavily spraying a medium size bowl (you can use what ever size you need) with non-stick spray, then place a single layer of starlight mints in the bowl and put in the oven for 8-10 minutes. To get it out of the bowl slide a knife around the inside to loosen it up. I highly recommend doing this when it is still warm since you can mold it and it will not crack as easily. The first time I let it cool completely, but I did not put enough cooking spray so it shattered when I tried to get it out. So the next time It was still very warm and it popped right out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a really neat idea. I never thought of making a peppermint bowl to put cookies in. I'll definitely pass this idea on.

    ReplyDelete